Written by Maria C.D. Young
Each week, Joel and his dedicated team bring the freshest coffee beans and their glorious liquid byproducts (by bike, no less!) to our little block, where they caffeinate and sustain us. Joel has been a crucial member of the Petworth Community Market since its inception, and his dedication to a globally sourced yet locally crafted product shines in the meticulous sourcing Qualia maintains. Packaged at the peak of freshness, Qualia coffee beans are no more than three days from initial roast when you pick up a pound on Saturday.
Their fine selection of local bakery Whisked!’s products only heighten our love. Stop by for some iced or hot brew and sample a few Whisked! cookies this and every Saturday for the next two months!
Vendor Happenings, Deals & Specials
- Aida and Mona will be back in action this Saturday with meat, spinach, and yogurt pies, alongside Ma Lizzie’s famous sweet gluten-free hand pies (lemon, peach, cherry, apple, pumpkin, blueberry), as well as gluten-free apple nut, banana, zucchini, and pumpkin breads!
- Kristen and her Radixteam have tat soi (peppery!), three kale varietals, collards, mustard greens, broccoli raab, hon tsai tai, vitamin greens, French breakfast radishes, sorrel, acorn and delicata winter squash, eggplant, okra, potatoes, garlic, sweet peppers, five hot pepper varietals, heirloom tomatoes, summer squash, and all sorts of herbs.
- There’s a little rumor going around that Gone Greens will have something delicious along the lines of dried plantains…
- Open Book is bringing baby ginger in addition to heirloom tomatoes, eggs, pork (sausage, kielbasa, ribs, and so, so much more)- MK will be there to talk to you about the benefits and culinary advantages of it- stop on by!
- Kuhn Orchards will bring Cresthaven and Sugar Giant peaches, white and yellow Fantasia nectarines, Blue Italian and Ruby Queen plums, apples (Blondee, Elstar, Rambo, Gala, Honeycrisp), Asian and Bartlett pears, okra, heirloom tomatoes, leeks, onions, bitter melon, cucumbers, honey, apple butters, jams, and, of course, their glorious bouquets.
- Ahimsais bringing fresh grawnola and almond milk, as well as wholesome, healthful and delicious bars to sample!
Great Harvest is introducing some sweetness to September: Apple Scrapple is new, and begging to be French toasted.