Written by Maria DC Young
In light of the cooler weather,Qualia is offering hot pour over coffee fresh and ready- so smooth and dreamy and aromatic and sensational, you can skip the cream and opt for a paired croissant or quiche…
- MK & Andrew of Open Book are bringing pork hot dogs in addition to their sustainably raised, grass fed beef cuts (ground, kebabs, porterhouse, t-bone, sirloin, and sirloin tip roasts) this Saturday! Vegetable offerings include cauliflower, winter squash, and carrots.
- Under the bigKuhn tent, you will find all sorts of apples (honeycrisp, crimsoncrisp, ambrosia, jonamac, gingergold, and fuji, among others), chestnuts, sunchokes, pears, quince, persimmons, okra, heirloom tomatoes, shallots, garlic, persimmons, winter squash, honey, jams, canned summer peaches, herbs (rosemary, dill, sage, cilantro, parsley), flower bouquets, and PUMPKINS of the gourd and decorative kind.
- In addition to their artisanal breads and baked sweets, Panorama bakers will send along brownies- on sale for 2.50this Saturday only!
- Kristin and herRadix team are bringing every ingredient you need for homemade kimchi! Check out the freshest of the fresh napa cabbage, ginger, garlic, daikon radishes, chives, hot peppers, and more! Alongside special mid-fall specialties like cardoon (similar in taste to artichoke), sunchokes, pea shoots (great for salads or a savory stir fry), four varieties of sweet potatoes, watermelon radishes (bright pink, sweet and spicy), and green frying tomatoes. More to stock up for winter: broccoli raab (or rapini), lacinato, curly, and Red Russian kale, collard greens, mustard greens, vitamin greens, Swiss chard, baby bok choi, radishes (daikon, French breakfast, and cherry belle), squash (acorn, delicata, and butternut winter), German butterball potatoes, beets, turnips, sweet peppers, okra, flower bunches, and herbs.
- Aida ofCooking & Beyond will bring her newest creation in addition to her incredible baklava and savory lebnah and meat pies: spiced date bars, or ‘Ara-eesh’ (pictured above), which are flaky, buttery, dense bars filled with top grade pitted medjool dates and cardamom, anise, cinnamon, mastic, vanilla, and sesame. Individually wrapped for your immediate consumption and pleasure!
- Elizabeth of Ma Lizzie’s will have our favorite gluten-free treats, including her sweet hand pies (lemon, pumpkin, apple and cherry) alongside decadent banana and zucchini breads.
- Ahimsais back in action this Saturday! She will bring her delicious grawnolas, almond milk, and delightful raw and vegan bars.
Need to line up your holiday menu plans? Open Book is still taking orders for Thanksgiving turkeys– they will have a drop off in Petworth so that you don’t have to walk far to get your holiday birdie. Click above or else sign up in person this Saturday.
Curious about Winter CSA shares? Both Kuhn and Open Book will offer shares available in the off-season so that you can get local, fresh, and sustainably sourced food all winter long. Sign up now and rest assured that the cooler months will be no less filled with amazing food from some of our favorite farmers.